At Annunciation Parish, we wish to work with you for the support of your son/daughter’s deepening relationship with Jesus Christ begun in the Sacrament of Baptism and nourished in the Eucharist. The Sacrament of Confirmation completes his/her full entry into the Faith life of the Catholic Church. In this Sacrament the fullness and empowerment of the Holy Spirit is poured out on the person being confirmed. Through your practice of our Faith in your own life and by your choice to have your son/daughter baptized and raised in our Faith, you have been preparing him/her for this Sacramental completion of Confirmation all along the way. Annunciation’s program of immediate preparation for Confirmation begins in September.
Our Confirmation program was planned so it can be completed over 2 years. We made this choice so that our young people can easily take part in both Confirmation preparation and AYM/Annunciation Youth Ministry without one of these programs competing for their time with the other. Each of the two years will have approximately 6 Sunday evening sessions. The first session will take place on Sunday evening, in late September, and it will provide parents with detailed information about our Confirmation program. The two years of Confirmation preparation will conclude with the celebration of the Sacrament of Confirmation sometime during the spring.
2016-17 Confirmation Calendar
Sunday, September 25th
- Year 1 Parent Meeting, 7 - 7:50pm
- Year 2 Parent Meeting, 8 - 8:50pm
Sunday, Oct 16th 6:30 – 8:00pm (Years 1 & 2)
- When Did My Journey Begin? The Sacrament of Baptism
Sunday, November 6th 6:30 – 8:00pm (Years 1 & 2)
- What’s the Mass About and Why Do I “Have” to Go?
Sunday, Nov 20th 6:30 – 8:00pm (Years 1 & 2)
- Who is the Holy Spirit and What Does He Do for Me? What is the Sacrament of Confirmation?
Sunday, December 4th 6:30 – 8:00pm (Years 1 & 2)
- How the Gifts of the Holy Spirit Figure into the Ways We Live Our Vocations: a Conversation About Marriage, Priesthood and Religious Life.
Sunday, January 29th 6:00-9:00pm (Year 2 ONLY)
- Candidate Sponsor Retreat:
Sunday, February 19th 6:30 – 8:00pm (Years 1 & 2)
- After Confirmation God’s Not Done With Us – He’s Just Getting Started! And We’re Not Done with God Either. How Confirmation Gives Us the Strength to Love and Serve Him in Others.
Saturday, April 8th, 10:00 -11:30am
- Parish Lent Penance Service – All Year 1 Confirmation Candidates need to participate.
Sunday, April 23rd, 10:30 am Mass - 8pm Sacrament of Reconciliation
- Year 2 Confirmation Retreat
Sunday, April 30th, 10:30 Mass
- Year 2, Rite of Sending
Thursday, May 4th, 7pm Mass, Basilica of St. Mary, Minneapolis
- Year 2 Candidates, Families and Sponsors Celebrate the Sacrament of Confirmation