We offer faith opportunities for children.
Annunciation offers several options for Faith Formation development for children and young people who attend public school. Our parish participates in a shared children’s Faith Formation program with our neighboring parish, Our Lady of Peace. This program takes place on the Our Lady of Peace campus, 5426 12th Avenue South. Classes are on Wednesday evenings from the last week of September through the first week of May.
- Deepening Our Faith is the Faith Formation (religious education) program that offers young children and their families faith-filled learning opportunities. Classes for children in pre-k, kindergarten and grades 1 through 5 are from 6:15 through 7:30 PM.
- “Be-Attitude” is the name of our program for young people in grades 6 through 8. Its goal is to support young people as they grow in their relationship with God and with the Church in the years leading up to the time they enter the Confirmation program during the high school years. Classes for young people in grades 6 through 8 meet from 6:15 to 7:30 PM.
- Family Based Home Schooling is an option for parents who desire to direct their children’s Faith Formation experiences within their life as a family. Our parish provides appropriate materials and resources for our home schooling families.
Both Annunciation and Our Lady of Peace use the same registration form for the 2 options of classroom based and home schooling Faith Formation. Registration options include:
- Hard copies of the Faith Formation registration form are available at Annunciation Church. OR Online Registration.
- ***Families with children in grade 2 preparing for 1st Reconciliation and 1st Eucharist will need to complete a Sacramental Registration form in addition to the Faith Formation form: Sacramental registration forms are available from Sr. Sue.
For further information please contact Sr. Sue in the Annunciation Faith Formation office – 612-824-9993X251, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vacation Bible School.
Annunciation has a wonderful Vacation Bible School for Grades K–4 in the 3rd week of June. Registration begins in March.
This one week summer camp helps children experience God through music, theater, games, crafts, and snacks. Children ages three to incoming 5th graders are invited to participate. And, of course, we are always looking for adult volunteers to help us make the camp experience more meaningful and more fun!