- School Events
- Church News
- International Baccalaureate
- Principal Cassidy's News & Notes
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
Apr 28th, 2017
IB Exhibition was the topic our professional development meeting this week. Exhibition leaders Mrs. Loney, Mrs. Warnemunde and Ms. Paul, introduced our staff to and lead a guided discovery of Exhibition.
In the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Program (PYP) Exhibition represents a significant event in the life of a PYP school and student, synthesizing the essential elements of the PYP and sharing them with the whole school community. As a culminating experience it is an opportunity for students to exhibit the attributes of the International Baccalaureate (IB) learner profile that they have been developing throughout their engagement with the PYP.
Exhibition, for Annunciation students, will take place in 5th-grade. To prepare for Exhibition, students are required to engage in a collaborative, transdisciplinary inquiry process. The students will be identifying, investigating and offering solutions to real-life issues or problems. Then the student will present her/his findings to an authentic audience that includes the school community.
The PYP exhibition has a number of key purposes:
- for students to engage in an in-depth, collaborative inquiry
- to provide students with an opportunity to demonstrate independence and responsibility for their own learning
- to provide students with an opportunity to explore multiple perspectives
- for students to synthesize and apply their learning of previous years
- to provide an authentic process for assessing student understanding
- to demonstrate how students can take action as a result of their learning
- to unite the students, teachers, parents and other members of the school community in a collaborative experience that incorporates the essential elements of the PYP
- to celebrate the transition of learners from primary to middle/secondary education.
We plan to introduce Exhibition to families and students in the fall of 2017 and carry out our first Annunciation Exhibition in the spring of 2018.
This is exciting stuff!
Want to know more? Here is a video with more information on Exhibition.