- School Events
- Church News
- International Baccalaureate
- Principal Cassidy's News & Notes
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
Jul 5th, 2017
Annunciation School is a vibrant, Catholic school, serving students from preschool through 8th grade. We are seeking a qualified, passionate educator for the position of School Dean. The role of the School Dean is to assist the principal in meeting the strategic goals of the school, supporting teachers and students while helping create a positive environment for teaching and learning. Working closely with teachers, the Dean also supports the academic, behavioral, and special needs of students.
Working with the School Principal, the School Dean serves as an instructional leader in the planning, coordination, and administration of school activities and programs, including curriculum, instruction, assessment, student conduct, attendance, and support services for students including RTI and 504/IEP processes.
As an International Baccalaureate candidate school, Annunciation is seeking educators who will help prepare our students to become active, caring, lifelong learners who demonstrate respect for themselves and others. We focus on the development of the whole child as an inquirer, in and out of the classroom. IB educators are open-minded, life-long learners who bring a global perspective to the learning experience. Collaboration with the team of teachers and specialists is critical to our success. The School Dean will assist in the development and implementation of the IB program within the school.
The Dean will be a member of the school’s pedagogical leadership team, working with the principal and other team members to ensure the enhancement of the teaching and learning to address the overarching mission of the school. Using a constructivist approach, the PLT studies best practices and then advocates for the implementation of those practices in line with the mission of the school.
- A strong personal faith in Jesus Christ and a love for the Catholic Church and her teachings
- Is a faithful, practicing Catholic
- Follows the mission of Annunciation Catholic School
- Possesses strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Works collaboratively with staff and team members
- Is a self-starter with the ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks
- Shows a commitment to on-going professional development
- Holds a valid Minnesota license in teaching or administration and at least 5 years experience is required
- A Master’s Degree (in leadership, curriculum/instruction, or related field) and experience as a teacher or administrator is preferred
To apply, email letter of interest, resume, copy of teaching license, and three letters of recommendation to:
Jen Renstrom at firstname.lastname@example.org ATTN: Jennifer Cassidy.
Submit applications by July 9, 2017.
Position starts August 2017.