- School Events
- AYM (Youth Group)
- Church News
- International Baccalaureate
- Principal Cassidy's News & Notes
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
Feb 27th, 2017
On Friday, Feb 24th, our Kindergartners, 1st, and 2nd-graders were treated to a puppet show. 'The Puppet Lady' shared a number of stories with our students. She modeled how creative expression provides many ways to communicate ideas and emotions.
Five of our six elementary grades are currently exploring the IB transdisciplinary unit 'How We Express Ourselves'. This unit is an inquiry into the ways in which we discover and express ideas, feelings, nature, culture, beliefs and values; the ways in which we reflect on, extend and enjoy our creativity; and our appreciation of the aesthetic.
Even though the theme is the same for all six grade levels, our explorations are around different central ideas differ from grade to grade. Starting in Kindergarten, students explore how people express culture and values through celebrations.
- 1st grade - People use the arts to connect to the world around them.
- 2nd grade - Creative expression provides many ways to communicate ideas and emotions.
- 3rd grade - Folktales and fables reflect traditions and values
- 4th grade - Authors use language to express and provoke ideas.
- 5th grade - A person's passions, interests, and responsibilities can lead to action.
Read more information on our IB candidacy.
Anne LaLonde Laux
International Baccalaureate (IB) Coordinator
Enrichment Teacher & Coordinator